1. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.