1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.