1. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.