1. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and none of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your cash.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.