1. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
2. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get yourself a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.