1. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.