1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Look for online coupons when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. When shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.