1. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a better deal elsewhere.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.