1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
2. When shopping online, make sure the site you might be on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!