1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" rather than an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.