1. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.