1. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up or higher and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.