1. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.