1. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent internet shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.