1. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to offer.
2. Shopping online is a terrific way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
3. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. Always remember your finances and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.