1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a product and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.